Latest Jobs in Banking Sector July 2020
One of the largest banks of the country is inviting applications against the following positions from professionals with proven track record and capacity to perform as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Credit Management and Corporate & Investment Banking.
CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER
REPORTING TO CHIEF RISK OFFICER
Academic / Professional Qualification:
- Minimum university degree preferably MBA with Major in Finance I M.A Economics I M.Com from HEC recognized University / Institute
- Minimum 20 years overall banking experience with at least 12 years of managerial experience in senior / leadership credit risk management roles.
- The applicant should have held significant personal senior credit approval authority with a major bank(s) for at least 10 years or equivalent.
- International experience preferred but not considered essential.
- Experience in wider range of products (capital markets, trade, derivatives, syndication etc.), industries & portfolio segments, financing types (acquisition, corporate, structured, project finance) ranging from investment grade to leveraged financing will be preferred.
- Experience of different business cycles and industries, remedial experience with multiple banking experiences both within and outside of risk;
- Extensive experience with credit risk due diligence and presentations, financial models. sensitivity analysis and development of risk appetite frameworks and portfolio management strategies, formulation of Credit Risk Policies and Procedures,Portfolio and transaction level return on economic and regulatory capital frameworks; development of Portfolio monitoring and early warning framework, Remedial and litigation experience with problem exposures, Credit Administration Function; Over sight and management of regulatory issues pertaining to end to end Credit Risk management process for a commercial bank
Other Skills/ Expertise/ Knowledge Required:
- Superior credit risk assessment skills and judgement, including problem recognition, defining and structuring of solutions to complex credit issues. Experienced in remedial management situations. Ability to recognize and address major types of risk, including market, operational embedded in credit exposures.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity on credit/business issues in reaching a decision; develops solutions/alternatives to difficult credit requests: solicits industry/product expertise as required; manages conflict and handle unpopular credit decisions
- Ability to act decisively in time-sensitive situations, exercise good judgment at all times and calmly manage effective decision making in high stress environments. Ability to clearly and proactively communicate in verbal and written form to both internal and external clients.
- In depth grasp and understanding of process and drivers to compute expected/unexpected credit losses which includes debt rating models/scorecards/classification/IFRS 9 methodologies, Basel parameters and their implications for loan loss reserves, regulatory/economic capital and stress losses. Ability to dimension and frame risk drivers for stress testing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit/market risk, using examples from portfolio/restructuring/complex credit transactions.
- Enhanced communication skills that reflect an ability to concisely address key issues and provide solutions to senior management and key clients. Fully conversant in credit policy/risk principles and be seen as respected and credible culture carrier of risk management
Outline of Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- To be responsible for individually reviewing credit proposals for Corporate, Commercial and SME clients and recommending for approval to the Credit Committee and Chief Risk Officer after appropriate structuring and sizing in line with Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework (RAF).
- To present credit proposals in the credit committee alongside the business and ensure that all key concerns and issues are addressed rigorously. Ensure compliance of credit proposals with RAF ratings policy, classification and SBP guidelines.
- To be responsible for ensuring consistent and rigorous implementation of portfolio management, risk appetite, early problem recognition, classification policies etc. across the assigned client segments.
- To manage oversight of all SBP engagements on regulatory issues pertaining to the end to end credit risk management process of the Bank.
- To deliver consistent ongoing improvement in turn-around-time for credit reviews and proposals while ensuring that all portfolio issues and agreed actions are tracked and executed expeditiously. Coordinate development and presentation of industry credit reviews for key sectors ensuring appropriate target market focus and risk appetite.
- To engage broadly in a leadership role along with business stakeholders in the development of various risk policies, procedures, ratings, stress-testing tools, risk appetite frameworks etc.
- To develop and implement structured portfolio management & risk appetite frameworks at an institutional & sector level.
- Review and approve Credit proposals received from Business Groups and ensure submission of high quality credit proposals to the Credit Committee and/or BoD as appropriate.
- To formulate credit and risk policies and procedures and communicate them down the line with the approval of BoD where required.
- To review trends in Credit portfolio on an ongoing basis and suggest measures to Business Groups to improve the quality of the portfolio.
- To ensure ex-Post Facto reporting, appraisal and maintenance of proper record for future reference and audit purpose.
- To monitor national and overseas credit portfolio of bank as per assigned responsibilities.
- To provide guidance to corporate centers and regional offices on relevant policies, frameworks and structure of facilities
- Oversight and reengineering of the Credit Administration (CAD) Function and all related activities
- Oversight and approval of activities and proposals related to the Asset Recovery Group.
- Implementation of Industry Credit reviews for key sectors in the bank
REGIONAL CORPORATE HEAD
Academic / Professional Qualification:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from HEC recognized University / Institute or equivalent.
- Having Master’s Degree and/or additional relevant professional qualification or certifications in the respective field shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years in the Banking Industry out of which minimum 10 years in senior client facing, relationship management and service roles.
Other Skills/ Expertise/ Knowledge Required:
- Sound understanding of products & services offered in Corporate & Investment Banking
- Thorough understanding of the local and regional client base as well as regulatory regime
Outline of Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
Account Coverage Responsibilities:
- To assume primary responsibility for managing / developing existing and new relationships of respective Corporate Office along with enhancing portfolio diversification, continuous follow-up on various ailing borrowers regarding cash recovery/declassification, and maintaining working relationship with internal stakeholders (e.g. CMG, CAD, Trade, CC, Treasury, etc.) to improve business response time and turnaround
- To act as Bank’s and the client’s “value-added gateway” by originating and delivering Bank’s products and services. drive account planning & management processes, deal pipeline management, and revenue generation from Bank clients & prospects of the respective Corporate Office
- To keep abreast of financial market developments, including new trends in growth and management; strategic financing planning techniques; rationalizing and making efficient the provision of financial services to corporate clients
- To ensure that the highest professional standards of customer service is provided to Bank’s customers with an end to secure both new business and to deepen the existing business relationships
Business Development & Revenue Generation Responsibilities:
- To work in partnership with other Business & Support functions of the bank including but not limited to Asset & Liability products, Treasury Services, Markets Sales (FX), Transaction Banking Services including Trade Finance & Cash Management, and other lines of business, to develop, structure. market and execute client business and maximize returns to the Bank
- To achieve the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) assigned in terms of asset book building, deposit mobilization, cross-selling including FX, trade finance. cash management, and other products & services offered by the Bank
- To ensure stringent monitoring of Bank’s exposure to the different industries lending portfolio. to manage delinquent accounts on a timely basis and ensure suitable remedial measures are taken to secure payments and the Bank’s interest
- To monitor risk effectively and keep abreast of market developments to ensure proactive or remedial actions are taken to maintain the quality of credit risk in line with the Bank’s overall Credit Policies & Procedures
- To allocate and monitor annual Key Performance Indicators of the staff working in this team in close coordination with the Group Chief & the Divisional Head- Strategy & Control Division
- To review Credit Proposals compiled by the Relationship Managers & Unit Heads in the Corporate Office team to ensure its quality, accuracy & data integrity, and to observe Bank’s Credit Policy and guidelines and to submit and recommend lending proposals to the Group Chief for onward submission to concerned committees for approval.
- To ensure compliance with all Bank & Regulatory requirements (including State Bank of Pakistan’s Prudential Regulations) and internal (including credit policies)
- To ensure timely training of Officers/Executives in the team to improve their professional capabilities and to provide them with the necessary office equipment’s to get their jobs done efficiently
- To ensure that all internal controls and procedures pertaining to client base of respective Corporate Office are in place properly in order to mitigate any risks and to report any incongruity to the Head Office on a timely basis
- Any other responsibility as per SPM- 2008 (revised) and/or assigned by the competent authority from time to time
|Assessment Tests / Interviews
|Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for test and for panel interviews.
|The employment will be on contractual basis. for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
|Place of Posting
Interested candidates may visit website and apply on-line by 14-07-2020 as per given instructions.
The candidates should clearly mention their Name, Father’s Name. Date of Birth. CNIC Number, Qualifications with percentage I CGPA / Division, Place of Domicile and complete Current Mailing I Residential Address with Telephone
Numbers PTCL / Mobile in their Resume / Application.
Applications received after due date will not be considered in any case. No TA/DA will be admissible for test / interview.